INGREDIENTS (SERVES 3-4)
2 green chillies
2 cloves garlic
1 stick lemongrass
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon turmeric
1/4 cup cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil, plus extra for cooking
1 can coconut milk
1 can coconut cream
1 small sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
500g chicken thigh, diced (VO - sub for tofu if vegan or vegetarian)
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1 bunch broccolini
1/4 bunch coriander
1. Halve chillies and remove seeds. Roughly chop along with garlic and lemon-grass and blend with curry powder, turmeric and coconut oil until a paste forms. If you are unfamiliar with lemongrass, simply remove the tough outer leaves and the bulb (end) and slice the stalk using all of the fleshy part. Stop slicing when you get to the greener, woodier section.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan and cook paste for two minutes or until it becomes fragrant.
3. Add coconut milk, coconut cream, sweet potato and chicken and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked and sweet potato is soft.
4. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add chopped, washed greens and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Thoroughly wash cauliflower. De-stem, dice into small pieces and blitz in a food processor or blender until it resembles rice. Lightly sauté in coconut oil.
7. Serve curry on top of cauliflower rice with fresh coriander and a lemon wedge. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3–4 days