INGREDIENTS (SERVES 1)
• 50g beef strips (VO– Omit or swap for black beans, tofu or mock meat)
• 1 large red capsicum, seeded and sliced (or 2 small)
• 1 red onion, sliced
• 200g chopped tomatoes
• 1 small cauliflower, chopped (can use normal rice but calories will be higher)
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
• 1/2 small avocado, sliced
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1. Heat 1 tsp oil and fry the beef, peppers + onions for 10 minutes until soft and lightly golden. Add the tomatoes and a splash of water. Simmer for 15-20 mins until the sauce has thickened slightly.
2. For the spiced cauliflower rice, pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it looks like grains. Toast the cumin in a non -stick frying pan in 1 tsp olive oil, add the garlic salt, paprika, oregano and chilli flakes, and fry for a minute before adding the cauliflower rice. Stir-fry for 4-6 minutes until the cauliflower is tender, and smells a little toasted. Season well with black pepper (and only a little salt if using garlic salt). Divide between bowls. Add the peppers on top, the avocado, and coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.
APPROX. CALORIES: 430 - P: 22g C: 45g F: 18g