- 2 plant-based burger patties (or plant based mince)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp cumin (optional)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Dash of water if required
- 1 sheet puff pasty
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C
2. In a large mixing bowl mash up the two burger patties (or mince) until you achieve a paste-like consistency, you can add a dash of water if required.
3. Heat a small frypan with olive oil, add onions until soft and add garlic. Once soft and translucent take them off the heat and allow to cool slightly. Once the onions and garlic have cooled add them to your mince and stir until the mixture is all combined.
4. Add panko crumbs, cumin (optional) and salt and pepper.
5. Cut your pastry sheet in half and place half of the mince mixture along the centre of the pastry. Brush the edge of the dough with olive/coconut oil and roll and seal the pastry and brush the entire thing with olive/coconut oil again. Repeat the process with the remaining mix.
6. Place on a lined baking tray and bake until pastry is golden and flakey.